Terms & Conditions
On this page:
- Price Drop Protection Terms and Conditions
- Price Match Promise Terms and Conditions
- Booking Terms and Conditions
- 60+ Discount
Travel restrictions and conditions apply. Please ask us for further details.
- - Prices displayed are for cash payments in store and additional fees may apply to online bookings.
- - Prices and taxes (if included) are correct at time of publication and are subject to change without notice
- - Prices are per person and are subject to availability
- - Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated
- - Seasonal surcharges may apply depending on date of travel
- - Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- - Additional taxes specific to your flight routing may apply (where airfare is included)
- - Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge
- - Companion fare requires 2 adults travelling together
- - For in-store and phone bookings, a service fee from $10 (domestic air) and from $15 (trans-Tasman air) will apply, a ticketing fee from $25 (International air) may apply.
- - Online air bookings will incur a non-refundable booking and credit card fee of $19.95
Step 1: Bring us a written quote prior to booking
- Other Australian travel agencies
- Airlines; and
- Australian-registered businesses and websites
* Applies to genuine quotes from airlines and Australian registered businesses and websites for travel that originates/departs from Australia. Quote must be in writing and must be presented to us prior to booking. Fare must be available and able to be booked by the general public when you bring it to us. Fares available due to membership of a group or corporate entity or subscription to a closed group are excluded. Must be for same dates and flight class. As long as the same airfare and other travel arrangements are available, Escape Travel will price match any genuine written travel quote. Step 1: Bring us a written quote prior to booking Your quote must be in writing and must relate to standard airfares and accommodation available to the general public. Your genuine written quote must be presented to us prior to booking. Travel must originate in/depart from Australia. You can provide written airfare quotes from: - Other Australian travel agencies - Airlines; and - Australian-registered businesses and websites Step 2: Confirmation that the quote is genuine and available Your consultant will need to confirm that the quote is genuine, available and able to be booked by the general public when you present it to us. If it is, we will price match it. You will be required to book your flight when we price match your quote, pay a deposit or in full and normal change and cancellation conditions will apply. If the same quoted product is not available, we will endeavour to find you the best available alternative that suits your requirements.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. You must not make any booking unless you understand and agree with the following terms and conditions. References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall mean Flight Centre Travel Group Limited. Where bookings of travel products are made on your behalf through Infinity Holidays, references to “us”, “we”, and/or “our” in these booking terms and conditions shall also mean and include Flight Centre Travel Group Limited trading as Infinity Holidays.
These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with our consultants (in-store, over phone or by email) as well as online bookings you make on our website.
We will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking and that person will bind all such travellers to these terms and conditions.
Passports & Visas:
All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine-readable passport. When assisting with an international travel booking, we will assume that all travellers on the booking have a valid Australian passport. If this is not the case, you must let us know. It is important that you ensure that you have valid passports, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be your sole responsibility (except to the extent caused by fault on our part). If you need information regarding visas, passports and other travel document requirements for your trip, please let your consultant know or, for online bookings, contact us on 1300 268 120. We can provide you with general information on visa and passport requirements that apply to international travel bookings you make with us. Our consultants can also obtain more specific information from an external visa advisory service provider on your behalf (if you wish, we can assist you to obtain visas through this external service and fees will apply). For online bookings, you can contact an external visa provider such as Visa Central (http://au.visacentral.com/escapetravel) directly. We do not warrant the accuracy of information provided by any external service and accept no liability for any loss or damage which you may suffer in reliance on it (except to the extent caused by fault on our part).
If you are travelling to the United States please see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov for important information regarding compulsory pre-registration for their visa waiver program (“ESTA”). Australian passport holders will not be able to enter the United States without a valid ESTA (or visa). Please note, you may not meet the eligibility requirements of ESTA and may be required to obtain a visa.
We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements. Your insurance protection should include cover for cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death and loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. Evidence of such insurances should be produced to your travel consultant on request. Insurance cover offered by credit card companies or reciprocal medical cover agreements are often not comprehensive. Travel insurance is strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel. Your travel consultant can provide information to you about travel insurance. For details of the services they provide, including a quote, please refer to their Financial Services Guide/Product Disclosure Statement.
We are an authorised representative of CoverMore Insurance Services Pty Ltd(ABN 95 003 114 145) ("Cover-More") and receive financial and non-financial benefits when you buy travel insurance products through us. We and Cover-More are authorised to provide you with general advice about, and arrange, travel insurance products on behalf of the insurer, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507).
Please contact your consultant or call 1300 556 855 to take out travel insurance through us or if you have any questions about Cover-More's travel insurance products. If you purchase travel and decline travel insurance, you may be required to sign a disclaimer.
We recommend that you contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.smartraveller.gov.au for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel and ensure that you carry all necessary vaccination documentation. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation (e.g. proof of Yellow Fever vaccination) may deny you entry into a country. We recommend that you consult with your local doctor, travel medical service or specialist vaccination clinic before commencing your travel. General health advice for the destination you wish to visit is also available from DFAT (see smarttraveller.gov.au). Prices: All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. The price is only guaranteed once paid for in full by you. Please note that prices quoted are subject to change. Price changes may occur by reason of matters outside our control which increase the cost of the product or service. Such factors include adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please contact your consultant for up-to-date prices.
Online Servicing Fee:
The following servicing fee applies to online bookings only:
• Online Domestic/Trans-Tasman flight bookings will incur a servicing fee of $9.95 per person;
• Online International flight bookings will incur a servicing fee of $39 per person in addition to the applicable credit card surcharge or PayPal fee.
The above servicing fees are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you (subject to your rights under Australian Consumer Law)."
Our Change and Cancellation Fees:
Subject to your refund and remedy rights under the Australian Consumer Law, the following change and cancellation fees apply to all bookings (including online bookings and bookings made with a consultant)• Changes to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $30 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- • Cancellations to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $50 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- • Changes to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $75 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- • Cancellations to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $300 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
- • If you wish to change or cancel flights booked online and paid for using PayPal, you must contact our Online Customer Service Team on 1300 733 867. Any fees for such change or cancellation must be made via credit card and will attract the applicable credit card surcharge.
Supplier Change and Cancellation Fees:
Cancelled bookings may also incur supplier fees, which can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Supplier fees may also apply where a booking is changed and when tickets or documents are re-issued. Where we incur any liability for a supplier cancellation fee for any booking which you change or cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee. Where you seek a refund for a cancelled booking for which payment has been made to the supplier, we will not provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from that supplier.
Deposit and Final Payment (Not applicable to online bookings, which must be paid in full at the time of booking):
You will be required to pay a deposit or deposits when booking. Your consultant will advise you of how much that will be. All deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you (subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law). Final payment is required no later than 6 weeks prior to departure unless otherwise stated. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Payments by Credit Card and Debit Card:
You authorise us to charge all fees incurred by you in relation to the services provided to the credit card or debit card designated by you. If payment is not received from the card issuer or its agents for any reason, you agree to pay us all amounts due immediately on demand.
Payments via PayPal:
An additional 1% fee will apply when paying by PayPal.
Payments by B-Pay (Not applicable to online bookings):
Please note that BPAY takes up to 3 business days to process. If you are paying by this method you will need to make the payment at least 3 business days prior to the actual due date. You must notify your consultant of your payment once it has been made.
Payments by Cheque (Not applicable to online bookings):
Please note that cheque payments (excluding bank cheques) require about 5 business days to process. If you are paying by this method you will need to make the payment at least 5 business days prior to the actual due date. You agree not to stop payment of the cheque even when you cancel a booking. You agree that we may apply the proceeds of the cheque to satisfy any liability you have to us, including any liability in respect of cancellation fees, before refunding the balance to you.
Airline taxes are subject to change and are confirmed at the time your airline ticket is issued. There may also be a local tax charged at some airports.
Our booking and advisory services come with a guarantee that:
- • they will be provided with due care and skill;
- • they will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose;
- • they can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and
- • they will be provided within a reasonable time.
If we fail to meet any of these guarantees, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
We act as an agent for, and sell various travel related products as agent on behalf of, numerous transport, accommodation and other service providers, such as airlines, coach, rail and cruise line operators, as well as all of our wholesalers. Any services we provide to you are collateral to that agency relationship. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) make travel bookings on your behalf and to arrange relevant contracts between you and travel service providers. We exercise care in the selection of reputable service providers, but we are not ourselves a provider of travel services and have no control over, or liability for, the services provided by third parties. All bookings are made on your behalf subject to the terms and conditions, including conditions of carriage and limitations of liability, imposed by these service providers. We can provide you with copies of the relevant service provider terms and conditions on request. Your legal rights in connection with the provision of travel services are against the specific provider and, except to the extent a problem is caused by fault on our part, are not against us. Specifically, if for any reason (excluding fault on our part) any travel service provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your rights are against that provider and not against us.
To the extent permitted by law, neither Flight Centre Travel Group Limited nor any of its related bodies corporate, directors, employees or agents accept any liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury, damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party providers over whom we have no direct control, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control or which is not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part. Our liability will also be limited to the extent that any relevant international conventions, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, limit the amount of compensation which can be claimed for death, injury, or delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. Under circumstances where our liability cannot be excluded and where liability may be lawfully limited, such liability is limited to the remedies required of us under applicable law (including the Australian Consumer Law). This liability clause is subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
Please liaise with your consultant or, for online bookings, call 1300 733 867, regarding any special requirements you may have for your travel arrangements such as special meal and seating requests, room type or disabled access.
When booking with one of our consultants, please let them know your frequent flyer membership details (or other applicable loyalty program details) for inclusion in your booking. If you are booking online, please insert these details in the space provided for inclusion in your booking. Please check your frequent flyer program (or other applicable loyalty program) for the specific terms of your membership. We cannot guarantee that the supplier will credit you with points for your booking.
Travel documents include (without limitation) airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers or any other document (whether in electronic form or otherwise) used to confirm an arrangement with a service provider. Travel documents may be subject to certain conditions and/or restrictions including (without limitation) being non-refundable, non-date-changeable and subject to cancellation and/or amendment fees. Travel documents cannot be transferred to another person to use. All airline tickets must be issued in the name of the passport/photo identity holder. An incorrect name on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings. If you have booked with a consultant, it is your responsibility to collect all travel documents from us prior to travel. As a general rule your travel documents will be available for collection 2 weeks prior to departure, however this will depend on your individual arrangements. Please contact your consultant to confirm when your travel documents are ready for collection. If you have booked online, you should print out and retain your travel documents as provided to you by the website (or in a follow up email we send you).
We recommend that you contact the airline to confirm your scheduled departure time 24 hours prior to your flight.
Monies Not Held On Trust:
All monies paid by you to us will be the property of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited and will be a debt due and payable to the travel service provider once the services to which the money relates have been provided (except for monies paid for flights with an IATA airline, which might be held on trust for that IATA airline). You agree and acknowledge that such monies will not be held by us on trust for and on behalf of you and we may hold such monies in any account as we see fit, including with our own and/or other customer monies.
If any dispute arises between you and us, the laws of Australia will apply. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
These terms were last updated on 22 February 2017.