To finish off Get to Know your Airlines Month here at Escape Travel, we are throwing the spotlight on Malaysia Airlines. We’ve been taking a closer look at the top long-haul carriers to help you choose the right airline for you, next time you’re set to take flight. In case you missed it, we have already covered Qantas, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific. So read on to find out what’s on offer at Malaysia Airlines.
What will your ticket get you?
You can choose to fly Economy, Business or First Class with Malaysia Airlines. An Economy Class seat will offer you oodles of in-flight entertainment plus a generous 30 kg of checked baggage allowance. Upgrade to Business Class and appreciate the ample leg-room and recline, fine dining privileges and a huge 40 kg baggage allowance plus two pieces of hand luggage. For a five-star experience, go all out with a First Class ticket that will entitle you to spacious seating complete with an ottoman, gourmet cuisine and an amazing 50 kg baggage allowance. Hungry Business or First Class guests can enjoy the exclusive offerings from the Chef-On-Call menu. Business and First Class guests will also have access to the Golden Lounges worldwide, where you can have a shower, grab a hot drink and enjoy free WiFi away from the crowds.
Enrich is Malaysia Airlines frequent flyer program, offering travellers a whole world of privileges. You can earn Enrich points through flights or credit card purchases with a range of lifestyle partners. Redeem your points for fantastic extras like excess baggage or you could even enjoy a thrilling flight simulation as experienced by Malaysia Airline pilots in training. Once you reach the Enrich Platinum Membership, you can enjoy added benefits like complimentary membership for your spouse, Platinum Lounge access, no expiry dates on miles, priority check in and more. You can also be part of oneworld, a global network for business and leisure flyers, which allows you to earn and redeem points across the entire alliance network.
- Asia’s Leading Airline by World Travel Awards, 2013
- The World’s 5-Star Airline Award by Skytrax World Airline Awards, 2013
- Best Airline Signature Dish by Skytrax World Airline Awards, 2013
- Malaysia Airlines operates 74 flights a week direct to Malaysia from Australia and New Zealand.
- Generous baggage allowance with every travel class.
- Many code-share airline partners including Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Finnair, American Airlines and more.
- Malaysia Airlines operates the state of the art A380 double daily to London and daily to Paris.
- MHmobile app available for check in on select flights via your mobile phone.
- Golden Lounge with dedicated kid’s corner, fully equipped business centre and WiFi access.
- Special baby and children’s meals available on request.