A global leader in the airline stakes, today we’re exploring all the great things about flying with Emirates as part of Escape Travel’s Get to Know your Airlines Month. With such a big reputation, you may think you already know all there is to know about this airline based out of Dubai. Whether you’ve travelled with Emirates before or plan to try them out on your next long-haul journey, don’t miss this rundown of the highlights and what to expect on board.
What will your ticket get you?
Emirates offers a range of travel classes to keep you comfortable in the air, including Economy, Business and First Class. Travelling in Economy Class you’ll enjoy award-winning meals and complimentary drinks, including cocktails. Every seat also has its own personal TV screen with over 1,800 entertainment channels and an SMS, telephone and email service. Business Class travellers get the added bonus of extra-spacious seats with extra recline, which convert into fully-flat beds on select aircraft. If you’re flying on an A380, you could even drop in to the Onboard Lounge for a chat over snacks and beverages. For the most fancy flight experience of all, you can’t look past First Class, which also includes chauffeur service, lounge access and plusher seats. On selected aircraft though, First Class comes with private suites touting a personal mini-bar, vanity table, wardrobe and convertible lie-flat. On the A380s you can even treat yourself to a pampering session at the luxurious onboard Shower Spas.
Emirates Skywards is an award-winning frequent flyer program. Once you’re a member, you can earn points flights with Emirates and a growing list of partner airlines, as well as global partners in hospitality, lifestyle, care hire and retail services. Fly and buy your way to Blue, Silver, Gold or Platinum status, then use your points on your next travel or shopping purchases. A dedicated Business Rewards scheme tailors travel benefits to small and medium businesses, while the Emirates Young Flyers program is fantastic for the kids. If you’re taking the whole family on holidays, the young ones will love colourful in-flight headsets, children’s entertainment channels and special meals, while the parents will love priority boarding and a complimentary stroller service at Dubai International Airport.
- Best Airline Worldwide – Business Traveller (ME) Awards, 2014
- Aviation Company of the Year – Aviation Industry Awards, 2014
- Airline with the Best Cabin Staff – Business Traveller (ME) Awards, 2014
- Best Long-haul Airline – Conde Nast Traveller’s Reader Awards, 2013
- World’s Best Airline – Skytrax World Airline Awards, 2013
- Choose from over 140 destinations on six continents with Emirates.
- Emirates’ global partnership with Qantas takes you even further around the world.
- Enjoy award-winning in-flight entertainment with up to 1,800 channels.
- Economy Class passengers get a generous 30kg baggage allowance.
- Plan your journey and manage your booking with the great Emirates App.
- Go further with a wide range of renowned partner airlines across the globe.
- Fantastic lounge facilities across the globe with state-of-the-art facilities.