Here at Escape Travel, we’ve named October Get to Know your Airlines Month. We’ve already taken a look at Qantas, Etihad and Cathay Pacific and today we are checking out one of the world’s most prominent airline carriers, Singapore Airlines. Find out why this multi-award winning airline continues to impress and consider if your next long haul flight should be with Singapore Airlines. Let’s take a snapshot of what a flight with this international favourite looks like.
What will your ticket get you?
Singapore Airlines offer guests a choice of Economy, Business and First Class seating, plus exclusive luxury suites onboard their A380 aircrafts. Sit back and relax in Economy with your own personal 11.1 inch touch screen monitor and enjoy a range of sumptuous Asian and International dishes. Business Class will see you upgraded with spacious seating, including a full-flat bed for long haul flights. Be spoilt with a First Class ticket and retreat to your private and luxurious cabin featuring state of the art entertainment. If you are lucky enough to fly onboard Singapore Airline’s A380, you will enjoy a whole new world of flying with your own generous living space, designed as a home away from home. Each individual cabin features sliding doors and window blinds plus a hand-stitched arm chair. Catch some shut-eye on your stand alone bed complete with a signature turndown service.
Singapore Airlines’ frequent flyer program is known as KrisFlyer. When you fly with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or any other of their partner airlines or use the services of over 170 global non-airline partners, you can earn points and special rewards. You can redeem your points for flights to more than 1,000 destinations as well as upgrades on world class airlines. Become a KrisFlyer Elite Silver or Gold member for added inclusions. The Elite gold memberships offers a wealth of benefits including priority airport check-in, increased baggage, priority boarding and lounge access to name a few.
One of the most awarded airlines in the world, Singapore Airlines boasts numerous titles. Here are just a few earned in the last year alone.
- Best Airline by Business Traveller Germany, 2014
- Best Airline in the World by Business Insider USA, 2014
- Ranked 18 in the Top 50 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine, 2014
- Experiential Travel Award for Best In-flight Service by AFAR Magazine, 2014
- International Airline of the Year by Roy Morgan Research, 2013
- Best Long Haul Airline by Telegraph Travel Awards, 2013
- Code-share partners include Air New Zealand, Air Canada, SilkAir, Virgin Australia and many more.
- Singapore Airlines serves more than 60 destinations in over 30 countries around the world.
- Committed to the environment with a number of environmentally-friendly initiatives including partnering with the Harapan Rainforest Initiative and embracing new technology.
- Child-friendly meals, bassinets and general baby amenities are available onboard, on request.