It’s Get to Know your Airlines Month here at Escape Travel, and today we’re featuring Cathay Pacific. Whether you’re flying a multi-leg, long-haul flight all the way to Europe, or just a one-stop journey to the airline’s hub in Hong Kong, it’s important to know who you’re travelling with and what to expect on board. Here’s a rundown of the many highlights of travelling with Cathay Pacific, a well-known airline started by an Australian and an American nearly 70 years ago.
What will your ticket get you?
When you fly with Cathay Pacific, you can choose from a range of travel classes including Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First Class. While Economy Class already includes many highlights, a new experience is being progressively rolled out including more leg space and chair recline, more storage and a USB charging port. You can also choose between the built-in entertainment system or connect your own device to the screen to stream your own music and movies. For those wanting a little extra at great value, Premium Economy entitles you to a wider seat, increased baggage allowance, a welcome drink and hot towel service, and a larger tray space for dining or working on board (as well as a cocktail table). If you’re more of a Business Class traveller, you are sure to enjoy the added benefits of an even bigger seat that transforms into a fully flat bed, more personal storage and fabulous entertainment on a personal 15.4 inch touch-screen TV. First Class passengers won’t be disappointed either. With your own personal suite, you’ll also get top-quality bedding, an LCD controller to adjust your seat and lighting, a personal widescreen TV and meals made to order, accompanied by fine wines.
There are many ways to earn points and get rewarded for travelling with Cathay Pacific. As a member of the renowned Marco Polo Club, fly your way to Diamond, Gold, Silver or Green status. Use your miles to enhance your next flight experience, from increased baggage and lounge access to check-in privileges and extra-legroom seats. You’ll also be automatically added to the Asia Miles program, and with Cathay Pacific a member of the Oneworld alliance, you can gain even more points when flying with airlines such as Qantas, British Airways and Qatar Airways.
- Airline of The Year 2014 – Skytrax World Airline Awards 2014
- Best Business Class for 2014 – Airline Excellence Awards by airlineratings.com 2014
- Best Premium Economy – Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Travel Awards 2014
- Best Airline Business Class – Business Traveller China Awards 2013
- World’s Best Cabin Staff – Skytrax World Airline Awards 2013
- Stretch your legs with a extra-legroom seat located in an exit row.
- Two 23kg bags are permitted on flights to, from or via the US and Canada (with set dimensions).
- Every flight includes Chinese-speaking staff.
- A selection of cocktails are on offer in all travel classes.
- Cathay Pacific serves over 32 countries across Asia, North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Pacific.