It’s Get to Know your Airlines Month at Escape Travel and today we’re taking a look at Etihad Airways. This is the second airline carrier we’re putting under the spotlight for this series because when you’re flying long-haul, it’s always worth doing your research. With the Europe earlybird season in full swing, there’s no better time than now. While Etihad is a relatively new airline, it is the fastest growing airline in the history of aviation. Read on to find out what to expect when you fly with Etihad, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
What will your ticket get you?
A standout feature of an international flight with Etihad is the incredible range of travel classes, including Economy Class, Business Class and a number of First Class options. Economy Class travellers will enjoy one of the world’s most spacious economy seats, as well as varied menu options, in-seat power sockets and over 750 hours of on-demand entertainment. If you prefer to travel Business Class, your customisable seat comes with a built-in massage feature and converts into a fully-flat bed. A chauffeur service in over 30 cities around the world is also part of the experience. When it comes to First Class, you can choose from a First Suite or First Apartment. Both feature a menu of fabulous food prepared by an inflight chef, a personal wardrobe, a bedtime turn-down service, space to entertain a guest and an extra-spacious, exquisite seat. The First Apartment however touts more space. High-end flyers who want the most comfortable experience of all can treat themselves to The Residence on A380s, an incredible three-room suite of pure luxury.
Etihad’s frequent flyer program is known as Etihad Guest. Whether you’re flying just one leg of your journey with the airline or making the whole long-haul flight with a combination of Etihad and airline partners, you can earn Etihad Guest Miles along the way. This grants you access to a whole new world of benefits. Spend your miles on your next flight, do some shopping, or donate it to the less fortunate. Both Business Class and First Class passengers can also enjoy airport lounge facilities. With highlights that range from bars to spas, it’s the perfect way to relax and refresh on stopovers or before and after flights.
- Sustainability & Environment Award – Aviation Industry Awards Ireland 2014
- Middle East’s Leading Airline – World Travel Awards Middle East 2014
- Best First Class Seats – Arabian Business Lifestyle Awards UAE 2014
- Airline of the Year – Global Traveler Awards 2013
- World’s Leading Airline – World Travel Awards 2013
- Mobile and internet access on board keeps you connected in the air.
- A Flying Nanny service makes it easier for families to travel on long-haul journeys.
- Award-winning cuisine and dining experiences are a part of the service.
- Extra leg-room seating options are on offer in Economy Class.
- Managing your booking and travel preferences online with the click of a mouse.
- Generous baggage allowance for the different travel classes.