Welcome to Get to Know your Airlines Month at Escape Travel. Over the coming weeks, we are looking to showcase the benefits and highlights of major airline carriers. Once you have decided where your next adventure will take you, the first hurdle of holiday planning is booking in those flights. To help make that decision a little bit easier, we’re throwing the spotlight on some of the major airlines for Aussies travelling long-haul. Let’s kick things off with our very own Qantas.
What will your ticket get you?
Qantas offers guests a selection of travel classes to choose from, including Economy, Premium Economy, Business or First Class. International travellers in Economy can check in online and relax in ergonomically designed seats, with personal on-demand in-flight entertainment. Take it up a notch with Premium Economy, and enjoy more elbow room and generous leg space. Business Class passengers can take advantage of the business lounge and even enjoy a kip on the award-winning Skybed on select flights. Qantas will roll out the red carpet for First Class travellers with a fully flat, extra-wide bed, restaurant-style dining and 17 inch touch screens.
Be part of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program and be rewarded for your loyalty. Whether you are flying domestic or international, you can accumulate points quickly and use them for flights, hotel accommodation, even food and wine. Reap the rewards of Platinum, Platinum One, Gold, Silver or Bronze status. You could also choose to join the Qantas Club, particularly beneficial for frequent flyers. You will enjoy access to amazing lounges in Australia and abroad, with fabulous dining and business facilities at your disposal - a great way to whittle away the hours in-between flights.
Qantas has been lauded for their service and commitment to being a quality airline carrier. Here are just a few of the recent awards Qantas has received:
- Best Airline in Australia in the 2014 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- Best Premium Economy Class Airline Catering at 2014 Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Best Airline Australia-Pacific at 2014 and 2013 Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Best Domestic Airline 2012, 2013, 2014 AFTA National Travel Industry Awards
- Online check-in available between two and 24 hours prior to departure.
- Manage your booking and in-flight preferences online.
- Child-friendly meals and child safety seats available, as well as strollers in the terminals.
- Qantas serves almost 80 destinations in 20 countries, giving you more choice.
- Code-share partners include British Airways, Japan Airlines, American Airlines, Finnair and many more.
- Generous baggage weight allowance for different travel classes