Fall in love with Canada’s extraordinary scenery and unique wildlife. From spotting beluga whales and snow white polar bears to admiring jaw dropping waterfalls and towering peaks, Canada is overflowing with nature-based activities. Feel your heart pound as you snowboard or ski down steep peaks or go river rafting through glacial valleys for the ultimate adrenaline rush. From countless national parks to world class ski fields, this is one destination that celebrates all aspects of the great outdoors. Check out our top ten Canadian adventures.
1. Churchill is commonly touted as the Polar Bear Capital of the World. Take an excursion to see the majestic polar bears in the wild and keep an eye out for foxes, snowy owls and beluga whales.
2. Join a tour and explore the magical Maligne Canyon found in Jasper National Park during the winter. Be amazed at the towering limestone walls and dazzling frozen waterfalls, as you navigate through the maze of ice sculptures.
3. If sighting grizzly bears is on your bucket list, then be sure to join a guided tour in British Columbia. Generally running from spring to autumn, you can have the chance to watch these hungry creatures forage for food or feed on live salmon travelling upstream.
4. Discover the incredible beauty of Nova Scotia by heading to the water. Sea kayaking is a popular pastime and opens the door to explore isolated coves, deserted beaches and fascinating sea caves. Keep an eye out for seals and porpoises.
5. A highlight of your Canadian adventure will be visiting Niagara Falls in Ontario. Jump on the Maid of the Mist boat tour or visit in the evening when the cascading waterfalls are brightly lit in a rainbow of colours.
6. Canada is a prime spot of whale watching, from Quebec to British Columbia or even Churchill. A guided tour will take you to see these magnificent marine animals up close as they playfully breach alongside the boat. Bring the binoculars!
7. For the chance to see one of Canada’s most fascinating animals up close, visit the Matane Wildlife Reserve in Quebec. The park is home to a large population of moose that roam free in the lush surrounds.
8. Adventure seekers can try their hand at dog sledding. Experience the great outdoors and appreciate the picturesque winter scenery of snow-capped mountains and frozen lakes. Just be sure to dress warmly!
9. Witnessing the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis is a truly unique experience. Join a tour and be escorted to the best viewing spot by an expert guide. Be sure to bring along your camera and a tripod if you have one handy.
10. Considered one of the largest outdoor rodeos in the world, the Calgary Stampede is an energetic annual event, featuring parades, concerts and live entertainment. Dress in your finest Western outfit and watch cowboys compete for the championship.