London will embrace you with its endless charm, as you tour the famous streets and stand in awe of the city’s historic landmarks. At every turn, you will find hidden gems amidst world renowned attractions. Linger a while and take in the breathtaking sights, the captivating culture and the mesmerising atmosphere of this enthralling city. Move on to explore Paris, renowned for its art, history, culture and of course sumptuous French food and wine. The City of Love has been capturing hearts from all over the world for years. Be rewarded with memories to last a lifetime with your own Parisian adventure.
1. Take a stroll through the beautiful Kensington Gardens or tour the fascinating exhibits inside Kensington Palace. Afterwards, be sure to enjoy an elegant English high tea at The Orangery.
2. London has a wonderful collection of markets. The thriving Borough Markets are a delightful haven of epicurean delicacies, while the Portobello Markets are home to many antique treasures. The fashion conscious should head to the Old Spitalfields Markets.
3. Sometimes the best things in life really are free, with many of London’s major museums offering free entry. Explore the Museum of London, the V&A or the National Maritime Museum. Kids will enjoy a visit to the Science Museum.
4. Surprisingly, this vibrant city boasts more than its fair share of green spaces. Take a stroll through the city’s famous eight royal parks from Greenwich Park with its fantastic city views to the waterfront gardens of Hyde Park.
5. Enjoy a world class theatre show while you are in town. Visit one of the concession kiosks and you can get same day tickets at a substantial discount.
6. Make life easier and grab an Oyster Card on your first day, it will ensure you get the best value when using the city’s public transport system.
Did you know?
Every Sunday afternoon, there are amazing 30 minute organ concerts held at Westminster Abbey that are free of charge.
1. For an affordable lunch option, consider a magical picnic along the banks of the River Seine. Fill your basket with fresh baguettes, cheese, meat, delightful French sweets and a bottle of wine and watch the afternoon disappear.
2. While climbing the Eiffel Tower may be at the top of your to do list, enjoy awe-inspiring views of the tower itself from the Tour Montparnasse. The views of the shining city and beyond are particularly impressive at night.
3. Take a stroll down the prestigious avenue Champs-Elysees, with its many luxury shops and upscale boutiques. If you want to capture the perfect photo, consider visiting early in the morning when the streets are practically deserted.
4. Venture outside the city to the picturesque Loire Valley. Home to quaint small towns, majestic chateaus and many flourishing vineyards, you can spend time exploring the charming sights and tasting the region’s famed nectar.
5. Budget travellers will be excited to know many of the national museums in Paris offer free entry on the first Sunday of every month.
6. If you plan to visit the many museums of Paris, consider getting a Paris Museum Pass. It will help you save a pretty penny on entry fees with access to 60 museums and monuments.
Did you know?
In the winter months, ice skating rinks will appear in festive locations across the city, including on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower.